Friday, December 13, 2013

Long Distance Scrapbook Embellishment

I am in a long distance relationship with my boyfriend (2,210 miles to be exact), and I often make scrapbook pages of the rare moments we have together. I am going to show you how to make a small suitcase embellishment for your travelling scrapbook pages!

What you will need:
Construction Paper
Scissors
Glue
1/4 Inch Wide Ribbon
Sharpies (Regular Black or Pen)
Paper Clip

This is how your final product will turn out!




The first thing you need to do is gather your supplies and get the small things ready. I have already prepared some of the things that I needed. I cut the brown paper into a rectangle with rounded edges and traced the outside with a permanent marker, I used paper to make the buckles and straps for the front, and I used a sturdy cardboard for the handle. Once you have these things ready, you will be prepared to assemble your embellishment!




First you want to use a glue stick to add on your straps and buckles. I recommend using a glue stick for this part, because it isn't going to be oozing out of the sides and it dries fairly quickly. The buckles are just small yellow squares with a sharpie colored "hole".




The next thing I did was glue on a little front tag. Get creative, and make your own designs! 




I cut the handle out of cardboard (I used a cereal box), and I used a sharpie to make the handle black. You can use any color that you want, and then glue the handle on the back side.





In order to make the embellishment raised on the page to create a slight shadow, I glued many pieces of cardboard squares using Tacky Glue, and glued it on the back. You can skip this step if you want your embellishment to lay completely flat.




For the ribbon I cut a small piece of 1/4 inch wide ribbon, and wrapped it around the handle. This is why I chose to use a cardboard handle instead of a thin paper one. Use a little glue and cross the ends. 




Once you have glued the ribbon onto your embellishment, then you can use the paper clip to hold it in place until it dries. This will keep your fingers from getting too sticky, and your hand from getting tired!




After your ribbon has began to dry, then you can first trim the ribbon if it is too long and then it is time to add your tag! I chose to write "Love Travel", but you can choose anything that you want for this part! 




Finally you have a cute embellishment for your travelling or long distance scrapbook! Save money and make your own embellishments. They're a lot of fun, and turn out really cute!




No comments:

Post a Comment